Thursday 24 September 2020

Erlotinib 150 mg medication guide for patients.

Erlotinib is a small molecule medication that inhibits the tyrosine kinase, a kind of enzyme associated with the EGFR (Human Epidermal Growth Factor Receptor).

The drug is indicated for adults and can be prescribed if you have advanced age non-small cell lung cancer. It can also be useful if your previous chemotherapy has not worked to stop your disease.

Erlotinib can also be recommended together with the other treatment named gemcitabine, if you have a cancer of pancreas at the metastatic stage. 

Here are some guidelines for patients who are taking Erlotinib:-

  • Your doctor must know about if you are pregnant or plan to become pregnant. It may be harmful to an unborn baby when taken during pregnancy. If you become pregnant use adequate contraception while on treatment, and for at least 14 days after taking the last tablet.
  • Erlotinib is known to interact with grapefruit juice so you need to avoid drinking this whilst taking this tablet. Always consume this drug exactly as your doctor has instructed you. 
  • The tablet of erlotinib should be consumed at least 1 hour prior to or 2 hours after ingestion of food. The usual dose is 1 tablet of erlotinib 150 mg every day if you have non-small cell lung cancer.
  • The usual daily dose is 1 tablet of erlotinib 100 mg, if you have metastatic pancreatic cancer. It is given together with the treatment of gemcitabine. 
  • If you take excess erlotinib than you should, contact your pharmacist immediately. You may have increased adverse reactions and your healthcare provider may interrupt your treatment.
  • Contact your doctor as soon as possible if you suffer from any side effects. In some cases your healthcare provider may need to reduce your dose of erlotinib or interrupt the treatment. 
  • The blood levels can also be impacted by the smoking of cigarettes. Be sure in order to inform your doctor if you're currently smoking, or if you quit smoking while consuming this medicine, as the dose you take may be required to be adjusted.
  • Erlotinib 150 mg is available through select specialty wholesalers or pharmacies. The erlotinib price may vary from innovator brand name to generic version. The strip of 10 tablets of Brand name TARCEVA 150 MG Tablets can be grabbed at around ₹35300.


2 comments:

  1. I was diagnosed as HEPATITIS B carrier in 2013 with fibrosis of the
    liver already present. I started on antiviral medications which
    reduced the viral load initially. After a couple of years the virus
    became resistant. I started on HEPATITIS B Herbal treatment from
    ULTIMATE LIFE CLINIC (www.ultimatelifeclinic.com) in March, 2020. Their
    treatment totally reversed the virus. I did another blood test after
    the 6 months long treatment and tested negative to the virus. Amazing
    treatment! This treatment is a breakthrough for all HBV carriers.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have been on blog Sites for a while now and today I felt like I should share my story because I was a victim too. I had HIV for 6 years and I never thought I would ever get a cure. This made it impossible for me to get married to the man I was supposed to get married to even after 2 years of relationship. He broke up with me when he found out I was HIV positive. So I got to know about Dr. Itua on a Blog Site who treated someone and the person shared a story of how she got cured and let her contact details, so I contacted Dr. Itua and he actually confirmed it and I decided to give it a try too and use his herbal medicine. That was how my burden ended completely. My son will be 2 soon and I am grateful to God and thankful to his medicine too.Dr Itua Can Cure all Neuromuscular Diseases,Hiv/Aids,Hsv,Cancers all types with his natural herbal medicines. (A just reach him on drituaherbalcenter@gmail.com Or visit his website on www.drituaherbalcenter.com)

    ReplyDelete